After reading Barbara McDowell’s blog I realized I have been slacking… I also noticed that when I set goals, I set them too high. I don’t meet them, sulk, pout and then say, “what is the point?” Self-sabotage maybe?
So after reading Barbara’s blog, I was stoked. She broke her goals down in a simple way that seemed easier than tracing ABC’s.
I am going to take another stab at this ROW jaun.
October 3 – November 15
Write 50 words a day on WIP. If I go over, yay! 50 is attainable.
Write 1 blog entry weekly on main blog. Write 1 entry a week on 80’s blog. Continue to update Blogspot blog each Sunday.
Read 7-10 blogs a week. Comment on each blog. Read my darn Kindle!
I picked up a great book on memoir writing. Read a chapter a week in this book. Do the exercises.
I have been slacking in this area. Start walking each day. 20 minute minimum. Get my butt to the gym 3x a week.
No more McDonald’s! I think I have enough colorful Coke glasses at this point.
One AA meeting a week. Talk to my sponsor if any life occurrences come up.
For the love of marshmallows, do something fun once a week. A favorite movie, troll a used book store, walk in the park. I am getting a new camera in a few weeks, so I’ll be adding photography to my list of hobbies..
Happy ROWing everyone!!
Ok, I have resumed breathing at a normal pace. When I saw this I was shocked and honored. 🙂 Thank you April Denton!
1. Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
2. Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
3. List 7 things about yourself.
1) I have a strange obsession with pens.. I love to buy them and if I see a really nice one that doesn’t belong to me, I have a hard time not stealing it!
2) I think I have a connection with animals, although the animals seem to feel differently (c’mon guys! let’s get on the same page!)
3) I threw up in my phonics book in second grade in front of the entire class.
4) Once, I accidentally on purpose set a full trashcan on fire (outside). I scared the poop out of myself and ran like hell.
5) I associate everything with music.
6) My first published piece was a poem (called “Reality & Fantasy”) in a local newspaper at the age of 25.
7) I rescue spiders.
Ok! Now for the fun part. My 15 nominations.
Jeremy C Shipp
Tiffany A White
Anglea M Thomas
Lani Wendt Young
R A Evans
Sonia G Medeiros
wow.. that was slightly difficult.. 🙂 But loads of fun.. yes?
That’s all for now!
I got a Kindle for Christmas last year and have been cramming it full of books (I pondered cramming it with tasty treats, but opted to stuff them under the bed. Shh!) ever since.
I looked at my list of books and I have three or four fiction books, a couple memoirs and the rest is all reference books on writing, blogging, craft.. yadda yadda.
This brings me to Kristen Lamb.
I wrote a super short review on her book, We Are Not Alone – The Writer’s Guide To Social Media.
The book helped me immensely! I was completely clueless when I started taking my writing seriously. I was all over the place not knowing what to write about. This blog you are reading now was actually going to be a blog filled with daily meditations, hence the url the daily woman LAME!
Anyway, I am off topic. If you really (and I mean really) want to get on a good track as far as blogging, building author platform and not being laughed out of the writing village.. then you owe it to yourself to get Kristen’s other book Are You There Blog? It’s Me Writer. I am reading it now and I am learning so much stuff to do, but more importantly, all the stuff not to do.
I know it is odd to recommend a book before even finishing reading it. But I can safely say, based on her other epically epic book that I did finish, that this one is a keeper as well. I actually just put it down a moment ago so I could let everyone know how great it is before I get caught up in something selfish.
Oh! Almost forgot.. I found Kristen Lamb right here on WordPress. So go on over and check out her WordPress blog by clicking here. She has Twitter Tuesday which is my favorite and a whole lot of other fun stuff. Yes, she gives us all crap from time to time but she makes it so darn funny that those of us who read her blog just don’t care.