I was over at Sonia G Medeiros’ blog this morning and had a great time reading about her quirky idiosyncrasies. She talks to inanimate objects too! Susie Lindau has some crazy things going on as well. Go check her out!
This prompted me to come out of the closet and share my quirk-o-quirkies. I mean, we all have our little things about us. Some people can only drink their morning coffee after tapping the spoon on the side of the cup three times. While others praise that same cup of coffee to keep us from feeling vexed. When I say praise, I’m talking full-fledged bowing/chanting action.
Yep. Been there.
So … let the kookiness begin.
- I often sing answers to questions. My boyfriend asks, “Darlene, are we going food shopping?” and I answer in a melodic, “Yes, Andy we are going foooood shopping todaaaaay!” Melodic might be a stretch.
- My cat LB has cuteness tactics and he has numbered them from 1 – 785. He is serious about his tactics. And let’s me know what cuteness tactic he is using at any given moment.
- I will absolutely cut a person off in mid sentence or break eye contact if I hear music coming from somewhere. After I pinpoint where and what the song is, my attention will refocus.
- I cannot stand raw onions. I find them gross in every way. Makes sense that the raw onion is an antagonist in my next story.
- I talk to all animals. Yes. I say good morning to birds, wink at squirrels and what’s up to any horses at the park or standing in a field.
- I have an acute sense of smell. People have asked if I am part dog, I have no comment. Nothing can be proven. Nothing!
I could add to this list, but I want to hear from you. 😀 What are some weird/crazy/quirky things you got going on? And be sure to hop over to Sonia’s blog and Susie’s blog to read their lists.