Having a hard time figuring out what exactly you want to write about? Below is a list of writing prompts to spark your imagination.
– You find an old box in your basement that does not belong to you. Do you open it? What is in it?
– You are jogging through the park and as you come around the bend you notice a woman sitting on the edge of the path. Is she happy or sad? Do you stop to talk to her? Why or why not?
– You have been given the gift of flight. How do you view the world? What do you notice from above that you never noticed while on the ground?
– You see a rainbow in the sky and decide to follow it. After what seems hours of walking you get to the end of the rainbow. What is there?
– You sit down next to yourself on a park bench. What do you say to yourself about what’s going on in your life?
– Sitting on the beach you see something floating toward you. You walk over to the object. It is…
– You notice an old couple holding hands at the park. They are in a deep conversation. What are they talking about? What are their facial expressions?
– You find yourself in a new land. What is around you? Are there people? What do they look like? Can you understand these people when they speak? Are they friendly?
– You can only choose three books to take with you on a year-long journey. What three books do you choose? Why?
– You decide to move out-of-state. What state do you move to? Where do you go to meet new friends?